Functional Genomics of Emerging, Multi-drug Resistant Gram-negative Pathogens Workshop
The Functional Genomics of Emerging, Multi-drug Resistant Gram-negative Pathogens workshop, sponsored by the NIAID Functional Genomics Program and hosted by the FG center at the University of Washington, will be held in Seattle on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at The Watertown Hotel near the UW campus.
The workshop will run from 8 AM to 5 PM and will consist of four sessions of scientific presentations, separated by short breaks and lunch, followed by a general discussion period. Speakers will have a total of 30 minutes to present Acinetobacter research and to answer questions from workshop participants. We will provide all AV equipment, and we can provide a laptop (Apple OS) if needed.
The meeting agenda is available here.
Please call (866.866.7977) or email (email@example.com) the hotel directly to reserve a room for the “GUNK Workshop” no later than January 24, 2017 to secure the group rate of $137 (single/double occupancy).
4242 Roosevelt Way N.E.
Seattle, WA 98105
The hotel is west of UW campus (map) on Roosevelt Way N.E. just north of the University Bridge.Check in: 3 pm
Check out: 12 pm
Travel to/from SeaTac Airport
There are several options for getting to/from the airport:
With Shuttle Express Airport Share Ride, you “share a ride” with others going in your direction. Pre-booking trips from the airport are not required, but are strongly recommended. Cross the sky bridge on level 4 to the airport parking garage and proceed down one level to the 3rd floor―Shuttle Express is in the center of the Ground Transportation Plaza. Check in to activate your walk-up or pre-paid ticket. Pre-booking is required for trips to the airport from The Watertown. One-way service is $19/person.
To/from the University District, where The Watertown is located, is $50 for a town car and $80 for an SUV to/from the airport for 3 people (contact Faris for prices for > 3 people). Book in advance online.
Cross the sky bridge on level 4 to the airport parking garage and proceed down one level to the 3rd floor to find taxi stands where taxis are waiting. The average fare to the University District from the airport is approximately $50 depending on the traffic and time of day.
Sea-Tac Airport launched a one-year pilot program with transportation network companies (TNCs) on March 31, 2016. Lyft, Uber and Wingz now provide services at Sea-Tac Airport for the one-year pilot program. After you have arranged for your ride, proceed to the parking garage Ground Transportation Plaza on the 3rd floor. Follow the signs to the TNC/Rideshare (Lyft, Uber, Wingz) pickup area in Sections I & J.
The UW/Husky Stadium Link Light Rail Station is located about 2 miles from The Watertown Hotel. The light rail station at SeaTac is accessible from level 4 of the airport-parking garage. Follow directional signs in the airport terminal and parking garage for the covered, level walkway from the airport terminal to the station. Light rail service runs from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 6 a.m. to midnight on Sundays. Trains arrive and depart every 7.5 to 15 minutes, depending on the time of day.
Meal Information for Speakers
We will provide a catered continental breakfast and lunch in the hotel's conference room on the main floor, where the meeting takes place.
The lunch options are as follows:
- Turkey and Avocado - Roast turkey breast and avocado on whole wheat ciabatta with jalapeno cream cheese, leaf lettuce, tomato and red onion.
- Fully Loaded Sub - Italian salami, pepperoni, ham, pepperjack, cheddar cheese, sliced Kalamata olives, sliced pepperoncini, and tomato. Served on a fresh baguette with a side of Italian vinaigrette.
- Chicken Club - Chicken breast on ciabatta with avocado, cheddar, bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Roasted Portobello Sandwich - Served on focaccia with fresh spinach, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, and pesto mayonnaise.
- Lemon Chicken Caesar - Lemon & herb chicken breast, romaine, tomatoes, black olives, lemon, parmesan, and garlic croutons. Served with Caesar dressing.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad (Gluten-free) - Cilantro-lime marinated chicken on a bed of gourmet greens with fresh red pepper, mango, and carrots. Served with a honey lime dressing.
- Mango Cucumber Multigrain Salad (Gluten-free & Vegan) - Served with rice, quinoa, almond slices, jalapeno (mild), green onion, mango, cucumber, and honey lime dressing. Comes with cranberry trail mix.
For those arriving early on Tuesday, there are several dining options close to the hotel. A few are listed below. The hotel can provide additional choices.
Mon - Fri 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sat - Sun 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
4305 Roosevelt Way NE
Mon – Sat 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
1303 N.E. Boat St
Mon – Sat 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM